Take the next step in your career, Browse the latest Apple Picking Jobs in Canada. Fruit picker jobs vacancies from top companies and employers in Canada. Join Team Members who display honesty, integrity and a positive attitude, as well as the patience and diplomacy required on the job.
Canada is known for its friendly people, natural landscapes, and diverse culture. It’s also a great place to work, and if you’re looking for fruit picker jobs, then Canada is the best option for you. In Canada, there are many job opportunities for both foreigners and locals. This job offers a unique opportunity to experience the beauty of Canada’s countryside while earning good money.
No doubt apple picker or fruit picker jobs are among the top agricultural jobs in Canada. Since they demand foreign workers to come to Canada and work, Apple picking jobs in Canada are just one of the agricultural occupations which require an LMIA.
LMIA, Labor market impact assessment allows any employer in Canada to hire a foreign worker. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide an international candidate positive LMIA with a job offer letter, so they can apply for Canadian work permit.
Apple picker jobs in Canada are the occupations from fruit picking category, which comes under the NOC code 85,001 harvesting laborer
What are apple picker jobs in Canada?
Apple picking is a physically challenging but a rewarding job. You will be part of a team of picker who will be responsible for gathering apples from orchards across the given farm. It’s hard work, but at the same time an opportunity to reconnect with May and appreciate life’s blessings.
Requirements for Apple Picker Jobs in Canada
- Foreigners who want to work as apple pickers in Canada must first obtain a valid work permit or work visa.
- Tons of fruit picking jobs are available in Canada. Some are seasonal jobs, while others are permanent jobs.
- Mexicans and 11 other Caribbean nationals are eligible to get Canadian work permit for seasonal jobs.
- All nationalities can get the work permit only for permanent jobs in Canada.
- To apply for a work permit, an apple picker must secure a job offer from a Canadian employer and meet specific requirements, such as having the necessary skills and experience for the job.
- A candidate must be fluent in English.
Your primary responsibility as an apple picker in Canada is to harvest apples from trees and prepare them for transport. This entails climbing ladders and using specialized instruments to pick the fruit gently without destroying it.
You will also be in charge of sorting and packing the apples in accordance with quality requirements. Because you will be working outside in different weather conditions, the job environment might be physically demanding.
Many apple farms in Canada provide onsite accommodation and food for their employees, fostering a relaxed environment.
- All applicants from around the world are eligible for the apple picker positions in Canada, with no limits based on nationality.
- Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
- Anyone is welcome to apply, including foreigners living outside of Canada.
- Usually, no specific work experience is required to work as an apple picker in Canada, training will be provided.
- If you have basic knowledge of agricultural farms, that is enough.
- Employers provide on job training for the new employees.
Benefits and salary for Apple Pickers in Canada
Apple picker jobs in Canada pay well salary, often ranging from $12 to $15 per hour. Aside from a basic wage, many firms provide accommodation for their employees either on work location or nearby. This can be especially useful for folks who are new to the area, and do not yet have established contacts or housing alternatives.
Transportation is provided by the employers for all farm workers.
The best of working as an apple picker in Canada is the opportunity to work outdoors in a beautiful, natural environment, the chance to pick up new farming and agricultural skills, as well as the satisfaction that comes from knowing that you are helping to provide fresh, wholesome food for people all around the world.
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between colours
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to pick row and orchard crops
Immigration Pathways to Canada as an Apple Picker
- Seasonal Agriculture Worker Program (SAWP)
Seasonal Agricultural Worker program allows individuals to work for seasonal jobs in Canada. Nationals of 12 specific countries are eligible to get Canada’s work permit under SAWP. These 12 countries are Mexico, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, Anguilla, Barbados, Dominica, Monserrat, Saint Kitts Nevis, Antigua, Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
The work permit issued under SAWP is for the duration of maximum of eight months. The minimum age requirement is 18 years for SAWP.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program, TFWP
Canada’s agricultural stream under temporary foreign worker program, TFWP, allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill their vacant vacancies for some specific occupations, and fruit picking is one of those occupations.
The duration of work permit under TFWP depends upon the duration of the job offered, which could be 2 to 3 years.
All nationalities can apply for Canadian work Permit under temporary foreign worker program.
How to Find and Apply Apple Picking Jobs in Canada
Not all the businesses in Canada hire temporary foreign workers. It is your duty to look for those job openings which are available for international candidates. Any friend living in Canada can find a job for you, or the best ways to search jobs online on the authentic job websites, job portals for Canada jobseekers, such as Jobs in Canada, Job Bank Canada, Ca.Indeed, Saskjobs, etc.
Type in the search result “Apple Picker”, “Farm worker”. It will list jobs. You will learn more about all details and the application process for Canada’s agriculture worker program for foreign workers, Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can apply. All candidates need a well-crafted resume and a cover letter to apply for jobs in Canada. These documents must meet the Canadian standards.
Disclaimer: This information is based on research work. Please verify all information from official sources before applying. Neither a government agency nor an immigration lawyer owns this site. The content on this site was gathered through research from various public domains for informative purposes. For your unique immigration needs, kindly consult an expert immigration lawyer.