Applications for the 2024 Ontario Internship Program will be accepted between December, 2023 and January, 2024. The only way to apply is through online application system during the application period. To be eligible for consideration, an application must be “Submitted” before the deadline.
2024 Ontario Internship Program Deadline Dates and Time
The application deadline is Wednesday, January 31, 2024, before 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time.
Ontario is a province in east-central Canada. Ontario Internship Programs (OIP) invest in committed, talented graduates seeking a great opportunity to start and accelerate their careers. Internship placements are available across the province in various ministries and agencies. Candidates can indicate their preferred work locations on their application form. The OIP cannot guarantee the availability of relevant work placements in all cities.
The OIP offers a one-year full-time paid developmental opportunity. The OIP receives approximately 2500 applications each year, hires approximately 100 interns annually. There is no age limit to apply to the OIP program. Applications are submitted through online system.
Interns do not choose their own job placement or ministry. The OIP assigns interns to ministry placements based on a number of factors, including organizational business needs, available focus area assignments and ministry business priorities, as well as interns’ skills, experience and geographic preference.
2024 Ontario Internship Program Eligibility and Requirements
At the time of an employment offer, candidates to the Ontario Internship Program (OIP) must satisfy the following requirements:
- You have graduated or will complete the requirements to graduate between May 2022 and August 2024 from a recognized or legally authorized college or university with:
- A degree
- A diploma
- A post-graduate certificate which requires a previous degree or diploma
- You are legally entitled to work in Canada
- You must be living in the province of Ontario during the term of employment.
- You are not currently an OIP intern and have not been an OIP intern in the past.
- Internships are open to persons with disabilities who have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in the last five years (May 2019-August 2024).
- Internships are open to all Indigenous applicants who have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in the last five years (May 2019-August 2024).
- Internships are open to persons who self-identify as Black and who have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in the last five years (May 2019-August 2024).
- Internships are open to all Bilingual French-English applicants who have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in the last five years (May 2019-August 2024).
- There is no age limit to apply to the OIP program.
Find out more about Eligibility Requirements here
2024 Ontario Internship Program Application Procedures
Applications are submitted through online system.
If you are unable to submit electronically and require accommodation to complete the OIP application form, contact them at email@example.com.