Take the next step in your career, Browse the latest Seasonal Cherry Picker Jobs in Canada. Seasonal Cherry Picker jobs vacancies from top companies and employers in Canada. Join Team Members who display honesty, integrity and a positive attitude, as well as the patience and diplomacy required on the job.
Seasonal Cherry Picker Jobs in Canada
A fruit producer company in Canada, Jealous Fruits Ltd, based in Kelowna, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Seasonal Cherry Picker. Jealous Fruits Ltd. is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. The company is known to grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada.
Their cherries are known to be all hand packed in our state-of-the-art facility, located right on their farm, and shipped to their customers worldwide.
For years, Jealous Fruits Ltd. has been known to grow cherries with advanced techniques. The company is known for its techniques, employees and pure products. The company has been growing due to its pure products and best supply services.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or contract employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined.
- Employer Name: Jealous Fruits Ltd.
- Position: Seasonal Cherry Picker
- No of Vacancies: Not indicated.
- Salary: $15.65 per hour, 40-60+ hours hours per week.
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location: Kelowna, BC
- Shifts: 10 hour shift, 12 hour shift and 8 hour shift
- Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
- Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
- Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should have the agility, stamina, and be able to lift 25lbs on a regular and consistent basis.
- The candidate should have a good eye for detail and quality assurance.
- The candidate should be able to take direction from supervisors and management as required.
- The candidate should be able to work for extended periods of time in a focused, safe, and professional manner.
- The candidates should be able to COVID-19 vaccination guidelines
- The candidate should be able to pick the fruit safely without damage to oneself, the fruit, or the tree.
- The candidate should be able to move full totes to the loading rows where the tractor will pick them up.
- The candidate should be able to take direction from Picking Team Supervisor and Field QC teams.
- The candidate should be able to manage your picker tags
- The candidate should be able to manage the count of totes.
- The candidate should be able to take part in Health and Safety training and ongoing ladder training
- The candidate must be a flexible team player who works well in a busy and demanding environment.
- The candidate should be able to pick experience as an asset but not required, full training is provided.
- The candidate should be able to work in a farming environment and days off may be extremely limited during our picking season.
- The candidate should be able to work in early season picking, which will begin around 5 am and until early afternoon once it is in full harvest, pickers will shift to nights and start around midnight until early morning.
- The work hours are not calendar based but are dependent on crop maturity and weather.
- The candidate should be aware that you must be able to live and get along in this tented community consisting of people from a wide range of cultures.
- The candidate should be fine with being paid by the pound with the average picker earning around $100-$250 per day (you can still carryout your research for more details) depending on experience and quality.
- The work is conducted outside, candidates are advised to be prepared for weather by wearing layers.
- Prune trees as instructed and assist as needed around the orchard
- Pick the fruit safely without damage to oneself, the fruit, or the tree.
- Take direction from Team Leader and Field QC teams
- Manage your picker tags/your count of totes.
- Take part in Health and Safety training and ongoing ladder training.
- The employees get equal and diverse work opportunities
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary and compensatory benefits
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get accommodation facilities provided by the employer (if required)
- The employees get many opportunities of personal development
- The employees get a fun, positive work environment
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Note: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Disclaimer: This information is based on research work. Please verify all information from official sources before applying. Neither a government agency nor an immigration lawyer owns this site. The content on this site was gathered through research from various public domains for informative purposes. For your unique immigration needs, kindly consult an expert immigration lawyer.