Heavy-duty mechanic jobs that work on mobile heavy-duty construction equipment are highly skilled workers responsible for the repair and maintenance of the machinery. These mechanics’ responsibility is to examine heavy construction equipment such as bulldozers, cranes, and other heavy construction equipment to discover any problems or malfunctions and ensure that the equipment operates properly. This is necessary to confirm that the repaired equipment meets the manufacturer’s requirements and that the repair work was done correctly. Aside from providing a safe working environment, heavy-duty mechanics jobs must also take extra care to protect themselves from work-related accidents.
Take the next step in your career, Browse the latest Heavy-duty mechanic jobs in Canada. Heavy-duty mechanic job vacancies from top companies and employers in Canada. Join Team Members who display honesty, integrity and a positive attitude, as well as the patience and diplomacy required on the job.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Jobs Positions
Below are various roles you can play in Heavy Duty Mechanic jobs
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician:
The Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, who reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for repairing, diagnosing, adjusting, overhauling, servicing, and maintaining the underground mobile mining equipment.
You will do the following duties: inspect, diagnose, adjust, dismantle, repair, assemble, replace, and test internal combustion, electric, and pneumatic driven mobile equipment, as well as other pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric/hydraulic production equipment and related systems. To execute metal welding, except pressure welding, on a piece of metal. Comply with workplace safety standards and laws.
Heavy Duty Mechanic:
Repairing and maintaining various sorts of vehicles, vehicle attachments, and material handling equipment is the responsibility of the Heavy Duty Mechanic Job.
The following are critical performance areas to consider:
- Inspect, service, and maintain intermodal cranes, terminal tractors, vehicles, and equipment in compliance with federal and corporate requirements, including changing the oil and repairing, replacing, cleaning, and adjusting parts.
- Diagnose and repair diesel/gas engine, electrical, hydraulic, driveline problems, and other mechanical issues.
- Use electric and oxy-acetylene welding equipment, lubrication equipment, and other vehicle maintenance tools and equipment, and operate these tools and machinery safely and effectively.
- Make use of measurement instruments and learn to read visual displays.
- Repairing a variety of yard equipment and machines.
- Organize and record information from inspections, maintenance, and work reports on specified forms in line with established processes.
The main role of a mechanic helper in Heavy-duty mechanic jobs are:
- Organize the transportation of tools, equipment, and other supplies to and from work sites.
- Support the repair and maintenance of corporate cars, paving equipment, and other related equipment.
- Participate in the maintenance of trucks and heavy equipment’s mechanical, electrical, and body systems.
- Assists in the maintenance of small engines and other related equipment.
- Other laboring and elemental duties will be assigned as needed.
A Field Mechanic in Heavy-duty mechanic jobs aims to leverage the mechanical knowledge of the applicant to serve the needs of the branch in a professional, safe, and timely way. An employee in this role will be responsible for ensuring that all equipment operates at optimal performance levels by implementing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program and following a thorough repair schedule.
Responsibilities of a field mechanic:
- Develop and maintain a consistent plan for conducting preventative maintenance on all Herc-owned vehicles at your branch, and ensure that it is followed consistently.
- Ensure that Herc Rentals’ quality and efficiency requirements are met by operating and testing equipment.
- Independently carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all Herc fleet equipment and trucks.
- Independently carry out significant repairs to fleet equipment utilizing diagnostic tools, hand tools, and measurement instruments.
- Oil changes, lubrication of machinery, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements, and other services are performed.
- Assist the shop manager with damage estimates and repairs for customers.
How to Find and Apply Heavy Duty Mechanic Jobs in Canada
It is your duty to look for those job openings which are available for international candidates. Also, any friend living in Canada can find a job for you, or the best ways to search jobs online on the authentic job websites, job portals for Canada jobseekers, such as JobBank Canada, Ca.Indeed, Glassdoor, Saskjobs, etc.
Type in the search result “Heavy Duty Mechanic Jobs” or “Heavy Duty Mechanic”. It will list jobs. You will learn more about all details and the application process for foreign workers, Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
Even the most devoted employees consider changing jobs from time to time, as being a heavy-duty mechanic job is a demanding job. Whether you’re searching for a more demanding career or just want a fresh start, search through this site you find what you need.
Disclaimer: This information is based on research work. Please verify all information from official sources before applying. Neither a government agency nor an immigration lawyer owns this site. The content on this site was gathered through research from various public domains for informative purposes. For your unique immigration needs, kindly consult an expert immigration lawyer.