The interview question, “What are your strengths and weaknesses” is guaranteed to come up during your job interview, both freshers, non experienced and experienced. In this post article you will learn what are your Strengths and Weaknesses Examples.
So if you have a job interview coming up for any role or any organization, the hiring manager is going to say to you, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”. So you need to make sure that you have a brilliant answer already prepared.
What are your Strengths and Weaknesses Interview
So within this post article to help you pass your interview, below are the things you will learn:
- Why the interviewer is asking you the question, what are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How to structure your answer quickly to gain the highest scores possible.
- Three brilliant example answers to help you pass your interview.
In this post article, i will give you three answers that will cover three areas:
- I will give you an answer for regular job interviews. This answer is for everybody.
- I will then give an answer to this interview question “what are your strengths and weakness for Freshers and those people with zero work experience.
- I will then give you an example answer for those people who are being interviewed for a manager or a team leader position.
So there is something for everyone within this post article.
So why is the interviewer asking you the question, what are your strengths and weaknesses?
They want to assess whether you have similar strengths to those included in the job description. The strengths that you give need to match those included within the job description.
They want to hear about your weaknesses.
Do you have any weakness?
Yes, you do, we all have weaknesses, so do not say “I don’t have any weaknesses” because you will probably not pass the interview.
You also need to demonstrate that you are honest about your weaknesses. So we need to give a weakness and be honest about it. But do not say my weakness is “I am a perfectionist.” The vast majority of people use this when giving the weakness and the interviewer will see straight through it.
So below is how to structure your answer to the interview question, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”, and it’s a brilliant way to give the interviewer an outstanding answer. There are three things we need to include within our response also.
How to Structure your Answer to the Interview Question, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”
- Give them three or four strengths that are a match for the job you are applying for.
- Give just one weakness and make sure that weakness is not a match for the job you are applying for.
- Make sure you give them brief details about how you are taking steps to improve on your weakness.
So that’s how to structure your answer. Give them three or four strengths that match the job description. Give just one weakness, no more than that, which is not a match for the job you’re applying for and then give brief details about how you are taking steps to improve on your weakness.
What are your Strengths and Weaknesses Examples
Let’s now take a look at those three examples answers to the interview question, what are your strengths of weakness.
- Take a look at the example answer to the tough interview question, “what are your strengths or weaknesses” for a Managers and those people applying for team leader roles.
Interview Question: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
“My strengths include my leadership capabilities, my decisive decision making and problem-solving skills, and my ability to get the most out of a team.
I am a strong leader who will take responsibility for everything within my remit. I am not afraid to make tough decisions and I will act quickly if there are problems to ensure the business continues to operate smoothly.
I’m a good motivator, which means everyone in my team will receive a performance review and I will help and guide them to achieve their full potential.
Now, my weakness is the fact that I used to have a tendency to want to be liked by everyone. But of course, I have realized that in order to be a great manager, it’s not possible to be liked all of the time.
That is why whenever I come into a new team now, I will set the bar high, and I will let everyone know what’s expected of them before detailing my vision for the team or the Department.”
That’s a really great answer to help you pass your interview.
So those are what are your strengths and weaknesses examples. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post article.
Thank you very much for reading and I wish you all the best for passing your job interview. Have a brilliant day.
Jobsscholar is just a site created for Scholars. The aims of creating Jobsscholar.com is to:
- give you best educative articles you will need, which will also help you in your quest for Scholarships, Education, Research, quality learning, both offline and online
- help Scholars/Students, mostly from developing countries, by sharing educative articles or information that will be of interest to them.
Jobsscholar.com is NOT awarding scholarships, is NOT an employment site, NOT recruiter or agency or third party, and Jobsscholar.com is NOT directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment or employment.
Please disregard, ignore and close any website demanding any form of payment from you, for whatsoever. We don’t charge anything for any information shared in this site.
Thanks and God Bless You for visiting Jobsscholar.com and also reading my post articles.